Latest Press Release
GCG CHIEF HIGHLIGHTS ANNIVERSARY MILESTONES
The Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG) Chairperson Samuel G. Dagpin, Jr. emphasized the achievements of the Governance Commission on the anniversary celebration of the GOCC Governance Act of 2011 on 03 June 2022. This year marks the 11th anniversary since the creation of the central policy-making and regulatory body mandated to safeguard the State’s ownership rights and monitor the operat...
CY 2020 Corporate Governance Scorecard Assessment
Established on 08 October 2015, the Corporate Governance Scorecard for GOCCs (GCG M.C. No. 2015-07 (Re-Issued)) was developed using a methodology benchmarked against the Principles of Corporate Governance of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard. The CGS annually assesses the Corporate Governance performance of GOCCs to help...
GCG ISSUES CPCS IMPLEMENTING GUIDELINES
The Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG) issued the Compensation and Position Classification System (CPCS) Implementing Guidelines on 14 January 20221 following President Rodrigo R. Duterte's approval of the Executive Order (E.O.) No. 150, s. 2021. The CPCS Implementing Guidelines is promulgated to detail the coverage, exclusions, implementation, compensation system, allowance, benefit...
SC: GOCC GOVERNANCE ACT CONSTITUTIONAL
The Supreme Court (SC), in G.R. Nos. 197422 and 197950, unanimously affirmed the constitutionality of Republic Act No. 10149, otherwise known as the GOCC Governance Act of 2011, that promotes financial viability, fiscal discipline, and responsiveness of Government-Owned or-Controlled Corporations (GOCCs). In the decision penned by Justice Marvic M.V.F. Leonen, the Court En Banc dismissed the peti...
8TH YEAR IN A ROW: GCG RECEIVES HIGH COA AUDIT RATING
The Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG) has received the highest rating for the Calendar Year 2020 in the annual audit report of the Commission on Audit (COA) released on 21 June 2021. The report, which is now available on the COA’s website, was signed on 10 May 2021 by supervising auditor Melinda R. Barcial. 2020 marks the 8th year that the Governance Commission has received an Unqualifi...
- CGBPF Accreditation 2022
- GCG MO No. 2022-03 - Restructuring of the Development Bank of the Philippines
- GCG MO No. 2022-13 - Conversion of Eight (8) Positions in the National Tobacco Administration (NTA)
- GCG MO No. 2022-09 - Retitling of One (1) Position in the Philippine Fisheries Development Authority (PFDA)
- GCG MO No. 2022-11 - Creation of Additional Units and Positions, Renaming of Unit, and Retitling of Positions in the Financial Accounting Department of the Philippine Guarantee Corporation (PhilGuarantee)
- CPCS Circular No. 2022 - 001
- GCG MO No. 2022-07 - Authorizing the Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation (PCIC) to Create a Risk Management Office and Three (3) Positions
- GCG MO No. 2022-01 - Creation of Program Management Office (PMO) in the Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA)
- GCG MO No. 2022-05 - Retitling/Conversion of Twenty-One (21) Positions in the Philippine National Oil Company (PNOC)
- GCG MO No. 2021-16 - Classifying the PHIVIDEC Panay Agro-Industrial Corporation (PPAIC) as excluded from the Coverage of Republic Act No. 10149