GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT (GAD) CORNER
The Governance Commission for GOCCs (GCG) implements gender perspective policies, plans, programs, activities, and projects to carry out the program requirements of the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW).
Since 2013, the GCG conducts various activities to address identified women and gender issues in the workplace.
The Governance Commission also created a Gender and Development Focal Point System which consists of representatives from the agency’s Divisions and Offices. The GAD Focal Point System ensures the mainstreaming of GAD issues and concerns, gender equality, and women’s empowerment, within the Commission.
Laws and Issuances
- Proclamation No. 224 on International Women's Day
- Proclamation No. 227 on International Women's Day
- Proclamation No. 1172 on 18-Day Campaign to End Violence
- Executive Order 273 - Approving and adopting the Philippine plan for gender-responsive development, 1995 to 2025
- RA 9710 - Magna Carta of Women
- RA 7192 - Women in Development and Nation Building Act
- RA 10398 - National Consciousness Day For The Elimination Of Violence Against Women And Children
- RA 6949 - National Women's Day
- RA 9262 - Anti-Violence Against Women And their Children Act of 2004
- RA 7877 - Anti Sexual Harassment Act
- RA 10906 - Anti Mail Order Spouse
- RA 9208 - Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003
- RA 10364 - Expanded Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act
- RA 10354 - Responsible Parenthood and Reporductive Health Act of 2012
- RA 7610 - Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act